Wednesday, December 14, 2011

30 Days of Drawing: Day Fourteen

30 days day fourteen

I just love the handles on these old kitchen utensils.  From the top: potato masher, spatula and sieve.  Or as I call them , Papa Bear, Mama Bear and Baby Bear.  Image size 12” x 15”

30 days day fourteen detail

Detail.  I used mostly Prismacolor pencils, with a few Derwent Inktense and Graphitint pencils for the details.  The background is Grumbacher Acrylic in Payne’s Gray and Martha Stewart craft paint in Cloud, satin finish.

I promised a peek at the really big drawing. 

30 days days twelve thru

This is on Strathmore 400 series drawing paper, and measures approximately 60” x 36”.  I have to stand on a stool to reach the top of the drawing.  I’m using graphite sticks in 3B and 6B.  It started with just random marks but has evolved into this image.  The working title is “Eclipse”.

See you tomorrow!

No comments: