Thursday, April 9, 2009

Published!



Late last month I received my contributor's copy of the new book Stitched Jewels: Jewelry That's Sewn, Stuffed, Gathered & Frayed, by Marthe LeVan. I designed a lotus choker and a set of earrings, based on the flower piece I made for an earlier book, and was eager to see what the other artists had come up with.

The book covers everything from the very basics on how to do hand-stitching and machine stitching, to the properties of different fabrics and what to expect when using them. Since the focus is on jewelry, there is also a section on findings and jewelry construction, all presented in a simple, easy to read format. Gallery images of fabric jewelry are scattered throughout the book for inspiration. The projects range from simple to sophisticated and I am very proud to have been included in this book with the other talented designers. It's a great book to have on your shelf, and if you have even a small fabric stash and the desire to make something fun with it, this is a good book to start with.

3 comments:

Gayle Pritchard said...

These look really cool, Andi. The book sounds interesting, as well.

Hollhollo said...

Andi,

This is such a coicindence for me. I had just started reading Jennifer Kahn's blog. It was recommended by a friend who thought I would be interested in her tutorial on photographing jewelry in natural light. Anyway, it is her earrings that are on the cover of the book.

Guess I better head over to Amazon and preorder. It will be exciting to see your stuff!

Holly

Quinn said...

Congratulations on being a contributor to a book and doing something you love! I'm so glad you joined the creativity incubator!