Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Wishcasting Wednesday

Every Wednesday Jamie Ridler of Jamie Ridler Studios asks a question on her blog, in the form of “what do you wish for?”.  She invites people to answer the question at their blog, to be tenders of wishes at others’ blogs.

This week the question is “How do you wish to bloom?”

20040101_01_01

When I was growing up and I would complain about my circumstances, location, etc, I would often be told “Bloom where you are planted.”  Eyerolls and sighs would follow, especially during the teenage years, but with time and experience I see that the advice wasn’t as dumb as it seemed to me then.

owly

This year’s word has been Metamorphosis, and I am working on blooming where I am planted.  I have been taking the circumstances and resources I currently have at my disposal, and have been working on transforming them into something to support my life.  I may not physically move from this area, but I wish to grow beyond my self-imposed limitations and become more than I have been.

20100224_01

I wish to bloom my art and career, to get my work out to more of the world and see where it will take me.  I wish to bloom myself, to nurture my body with regular movement, good foods and rest.  I wish to bloom my relationships with others, by working on my communication skills and listening more and speaking less.

20040101_24

Today was a really good day for this question, as it is sunny and warm outside, with many of the spring trees and flowers in full bloom.  My yard is filled with the violets I love so much, and the trees are starting to fill out with wild green leaves.  It is also my birthday, a good time to reflect on what has passed and to look forward to what is to come.

5 comments:

gina said...

Happy birthday! May you bloom where you're planted or wherever life takes you! As Andrea wishes for herself, I wish for her also.

Julie Jordan Scott said...

As Andi wishes for herself, I wish for her also...

Such lovely art and such a heartfelt wish... looking forward to knowing and hearing more...

Unknown said...

As Andréa wishes for herself, I wish for her also

Karen D said...

May you continue to bloom where you are planted.. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

brandi said...

~as Andi wishes for herself so I wish for her too...such l♥vely words you have written...may you bloom in all you wish to bring forth in your life...well wishes and brightest blessings~