Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Midweek Update

Farmer's market bounty of the day, yum!


Skully Stan, part of a new mini run of plush. Or run of mini plush, I suppose! :)

It has been hot here, like pretty much everywhere else. Hard to believe this time last month we were running around in sweats because it was so chilly in the morning. I haven't beaded anything since last month's bead journal page, but here's a taste of what's happening in my corner of the world.

Today we went to the farmer's market and I was pleased to see it nearly as well stocked as it is on the weekend. I managed to get several types of peppers (fajitas anyone?) and a mess of tomatoes that will be sauce for tvp joe and pizza, as well as some wonderful peaches and blackberries. I passed on the green beans this week because I used all my maple syrup making carob brownies earlier this week and we won't get to Trader Joe's until next week (I have a great recipe for mustard maple syrup green beans).

We didn't get into Craftin Outlaws, not sure where we are on the wait list, but I decided to mess around with some smaller plush anyway. So I present Skully Stanley. And a trip to Knitter's Mercantile over the weekend yielded a luscious Himalaya Yarn wool/silk that is begging to be made into the tiger purse I began planning back in June. Watch this site for further updates as the work progresses!

No comments: