Floral Medley is complete, including sleeve and label (usually the very last thing that gets done, ok well it is always the very last thing but sometimes it is months after the rest of the piece is finished).
Final measurements, 26.5” x 35” (67cm x 89cm)
Now it is on to the next piece
Butter and Egg Road, inspired by the colors at my Mamaw’s house. The apron was a thrift store treasure, and the hollyhocks are from a journal page that I scanned and printed onto fabric.
I am machine embroidering in the image to add a bit more color and texture. When that is complete I will either satin stitch it in place or use the black bias tape that I used earlier this year on a different piece.
The Pellon interfacing fence that I’m going to applique onto a piece of off white batik fabric. This will sit in the lower right of the piece and behind the apron. I may also apply the apron to a backing piece of fabric, using the same method I did for the doilies on Floral Medley. This makes it much easier to apply the threadwork to the quilt sandwich, and I’m really happy I stumbled upon this method while working on this set of work.
Back to the studio. Have a great weekend, y’all!