Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Sketchbook Project, Week Two

I have been playing with my sketchbook in my copious spare time, which is why there are only a few new images to show you:

sketchbook project july one

I began colorizing the image from a submarine.  These are the Derwent Inktense line of colored pencils.

 

sketchbook project july two

Detail of the coloring.  I love how these pencils layer.

sketchbook project july three

A submersible necklace of the imagination.

sketchbook project july four

Detail.  Wouldn’t it be cool to really have beads like these?

sketchbook project july five

Then I went a little steampunk, with submarines which resembled fish.  The angler fish makes me giggle.

sketchbook project july six

This one was done without a base pencil drawing.  I love the looseness of the sketched line.

sketchbook project august one

Today I decided to go with a dirigible for a change.  A banana dirigible. 

sketchbook project august two

I still managed to work in my happy fish and octopus motif.  Hey, even a banana dirigible needs a sponsor!

6 comments:

Sonja said...

That necklace is so cool.

Aisling said...

The idea of making beads like that... my brain is whirling with possibilities! Wheeee!

Andi Stern said...

Thank you Sonja. Aisling, I think Cynthia Thornton could do a very cool job with the beads. Glass would be cool too...

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

I do not know how you can let this project go when it is full? How did the opening go last weekend? Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

Gayle Pritchard said...

I love the idea of this sketchbook project, and like seeing what you are doing. Those pencils look great, too. Will have to look out for some to try.

Phoenyx Ravenswing said...

Very kyool! Thank'ee's for sharing! :-)

I agree - beads like that would be seriously nifty!!! :-D

(found you via "The Fluent Self")