Monday, December 5, 2011

30 Days of Drawing; Days 3-5

Now with more cowbell.  If I had a cowbell to draw.

30 days day three

Saturday was a lazy drawing day, as my son had two hockey games and we had to run errands in between.  So I did this quick gestural sketch of the game.  Not every drawing has to be finished.

30 days day four

I drew this pendant from one of my necklaces before heading out on Sunday morning.  The background is inspired by the many layers of paint on my drawing table.

30 days day five A

I’m still working on how to render the bone beads in my piece.  I’m much happier with how the bone turned out on this drawing than I was with the bone in yesterday’s pendant.  Having the right tools makes all the difference.  This piece mixes Prismacolor, Supracolor, and Neocolor II crayons.

30 days day five B

I had so much fun with the light colors on the first drawing that I decided to do another rendering of a different necklace.  The button in the lower left is kind of muddled, and next time I would leave it out of the picture.  I also went with a different color scheme.  The original necklace is dusty pale blue. 

Yesterday I picked up a roll of drawing paper, 36” wide, and a few graphite pencils and sticks.   The next few days of drawing may be process photos of a larger piece.

No comments: