Sunday, February 18, 2007

Crow Crow Crow

I am playing in a chunky book swap over at Violette's and the theme is Crow. Today I made a reverse applique crow on a piece of Pellon 50 weight interfacing, and have been playing with digital images of it:
The original crow, mixed silks and cottons, embellished with Sulky holographic copper thread (the background color is a painting on the design wall showing through).

Colored and "enamel" filter applied in Paint Shop Pro.


Contour filter applied in Paint Shop Pro.

I am thinking on making multiples of the crow and then applying it and the embellishments to some paint board I found upstairs (after I have painted it, of course). There are 22 players, so there is plenty of room for experimentation. Nice to have a diversion from everything else, and it sure was nice to get back on the sewing machine, very rhythmic and soothing to be hearing the hum of the needle and moving the fabric.

No comments: