Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Fishing

On a Wednesday afternoon.  :)

I found this wonderful pattern while browsing on Ravelry a few weeks ago, and was able to send away for it.  I also signed on for the Lime & Violet Sock Marathon, so saved the project for February 1st, when the marathon started.  I cast on Monday night, and after a false start, I have this much complete:

fishtail scarf in progress two

I bought this pattern because the color and the idea of deliberately making holes in a knitted piece really intrigued me.  I’m finding the process very fun and am already seeing how to apply it to larger pieces.

fishtail scarf in progress

This is a strip of the holes at one end of the piece.  I am using Noro Kureyon sock in a blue/purple colorway, and am very happy with how the colors are knitting up.  My son is already asking me to make him one! 

4 comments:

Treasure Ann said...

Oh wow, that is soooooooo pretty. I don't know how to knit, but one day I will take the time to learn. I only crochet right now with other mixed media art. I'm trying to take my crocheting to the next level, making sculptures.

But your work is truly beautiful.

Treasure Ann said...

Hey Andi, have you ever got to a place where you feel an artist block? Or sometimes don't feel like working on anything at times. Not that you won't get back to it for a long while, but days where you mighta took a break from your art work.

If you've had that, what do you do? If you haven't had that, any suggestions to combat that, or do I flow with it until the mood hits me again to start work?
Thanks.

Andi Stern said...

I knit other people's patterns when I hit a block. Or find something comparable to do. Cleaning the studio also helps a lot, finding stuff I forgot I had. Sometimes just taking a day and watching movies or reading a book is what it takes :)

Treasure Ann said...

Thank you for your suggestions, it really helps. I think I might try that reading a book. Take care.