Well, not totally. Some of it is finishing parts of work started last week before the power outage. And some of it isn’t mine (we mailed off Izzy’s final test for 3rd grade today). But finishings nonetheless.
The fishtail scarf, still needs washed and blocked, and ends woven in, but I cast off on it today. I’m really happy with how easy it was once I got started and have plans for making a large component using the hole technique now (thank you Lucy Neatby for the wonderful pattern!).
And what I started last week, strips of neutrals, old barkcloth, contemporary cottons, and upholstery samples. Instead of pressing the seams flat, I decided to do something different and stitch them down. I’m liking the way it looks so far.
If you look very carefully, you can see some of the topstitching at the seams.
This piece is approximately 100 strips and measures about 60” long. I am unsure whether I am going to make 14 more of them, or if I am going to use this to make filler strips.
The ball is from these wonderful cones of boucle cotton that my friend Regina gave me several years ago “to see what you come up with”. I probably won’t use the alpaca in the foreground, and the blue strips in the back are from another piece in progress, started late last year.
I’ll post more when I figure out what I’m doing next! We are going to see Coraline in 3D tomorrow, it’s time for a bit of a break. Hope you have a great weekend.