Thursday, December 28, 2006

Felty Goodness (Oldies but Goodies)

This is what happens when old projects inspire new ideas. The above piece was knit from stash yarn and then felted. It was one of the pieces inspired from what I did with these knitted bags, using Noro and either Lamb's Pride or Rowan. They had quilted and embellished flaps and were quite nice, though I had never gotten around to lining them. They went to shows with me and came home, went to shows, came home. Finally I decided to try to felt them and see what would happen (after removing the fabric flap):

And a detail of the color shift in the Noro on the blue and green bag:

That turned out so well, I decided to see what else I could do, using new (well, stash) yarn and playing around. The results:

Felted cabled bag in the round, off a crocheted base.

Detail of top and view into bag.

More knitty goodness is on the way, but currently I am wrapping up a project proposal so need to send that off. Stay tuned!

No comments: