On the design wall, more explorations in patchwork. Currently I am sequinizing this one:
Scarlet and Gray, still in process. Mixed cottons, hand-dyed cotton from Judy Robertson, machine applique and piecing. Sequins and beads. Should be done by 2007.
Detail of a strip of suns done with the same piecing technique, the rose batik underneath is not part of the piece but sure does look nice. I'm just not sure I have more in the stash if I decided to actually add it to the bottoms of the sun(s). The piece I finished for the Hillel show has a similar sun theme, but the background is morning misty purples and the suns' tones are more golden. This one is much larger than the mushroom piece, if it is finished by 2007 it means I figured out what the rest of it is supposed to be. Or more accurately, it told me what it needed.