Monday, April 9, 2007

Beady Bounty

Saturday we were able to go to Columbus for Mr. Toad's Wild Ride (aka let's get out of town and go play! :) I kept seeing this bead shop, but they were never open when we were there, but we specifically made time to go there, and I was able to get the beads to finish my trip to the moon necklace.

Full view. Bottom is right angle weave base worked off of the cabochon moon and embellished with star beads and 3mm firepolish in marea finish. Three dimensional peyote stitch rocket ship and peyote stitch at the top for the necklace part.

Strung Czech glass in vitrail with a pitted moon-rock like appearance, and the store's exclusive Greek ceramic beads, with just a hint of miracle bead (the white spots; they're really lime green). Meteorites floating in space.

And for my annual beadwork present to myself, poppy field in process. I actually was able to use all stash beads for this so far, even the buttons were from my home collection (I did buy some volcano swarovski for the centers, but they were too small). I am not sure whether this will be a bracelet/cuff or a necklace yet. Stay tuned for updates as it progresses.

No comments: